With Valentine’s day just around the corner, you can guess what the hoaxers, scammers, and spammers are using to annoy us now. Just lots of Valentine’s Day Hoax on Facebook.
Promises of finding your valentines or what gifts to get your lover, anything to prey on your weakness is what they are good at.
I’ve seen one person get caught on one so far, hopefully, my friends are now taking notice and not clicking dodgy links.
This new one is called…….
Just redirect Valentine Finder.
I’m not sure what it proclaims to do but rest assured all that it does is repost randomly to your Facebook friends so that it looks like you are asking them to be your valentine. That could be quite embarrassing indeed.
Just another Scam, Hoax, or annoying repost.
I’m expecting to see a few more of these before the week is out, so be aware.
From Facebook ….what to do if this happens..
If your account has been taken over and used to send spam, you should follow these steps immediately:
- Reset your Facebook password. You can do this by clicking the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page or by going to the Account Settings page once logged in.
- If you can’t reset your password because the email address you use to log in has changed, or if your account has been disabled, visit our help page.
- Make sure you have up-to-date security software on your computer, run a scan, and remove any malicious files. If you don’t do this, and your computer is infected, your account may be taken over again. If you don’t yet have protection for your computer, you can download a complimentary six-month subscription of McAfee security software. Learn more on the Software tab.
If a friend’s account has been taken over and used to send spam, you should follow these steps immediately:
- Tell your friend to check out this Page and follow the steps above.
- Warn those who received the spam not to click on it, and to delete it from their Walls and Inboxes.
You can find more information on how to stay safe on the Threats and Tips tabs as well as in our Help Center.
I’m sorry if I am starting to repeat myself with these types of posts but people are still clicking and reposting.
Also while I have your attention, and to save another post – please note FANBOX is also a scam and posts scam to your email contacts.
Valentine Heart Drawing by me …… 🙂