Everyone has been talking about the fun new social media chat app Peach this weekend. So of course I had to go and see what all the fuss was about.
I was surprised with what I found: It’s pink, it’s peachy, it’s cute and you guys love it.
What is the Chat App Peach
Peach was created by Dom Hofmann the creator of Vine, and launched on iOS on the 8th of January this year – so we know why the huge buzz now.
Peach is different that your standard chat apps because of its funky fun features. You can just text as you would normally and you can @ people so that they get a notification as you would on Twitter.
I’d like to say what the Peach chat app is the same as or similar too but although it has similarities to many things it’s different – it’s similar to Whatsapp maybe – but has some features of Telegram – or Facebook or maybe Twitter, no I can’t put my finger on it, you’ll just have to try it.
Just download the app on your phone, add your details, profile picture etc, and get going.
How to add people on the chat app Peach
Clearly Peach is better with friends, there isn’t a separate timeline to watch – you have to “Assemble your Squad”. You add people you know by their phone number or username. Most people I know are using their Twitter user names so that they are easy to find, I generally use @michelledh or @techieminx everywhere depending on the network. People have to friend you back to be connected.
Many Brands and Celebrities are on Peach already so it is easy to find people to follow if you don’t just want people you know from your friends list.
You can just text as you would normally and you can @ people so that they get a notification as you would on Twitter. You can share pictures, photos and video links as you would normally but there are some usual features on Peach that make it much more fun that just that.
Looping photos – if you take a photo with the app and click on the loops it takes like a very short gif
Lightbulb ideas – you can click on the lightbulb with ideas on what to post – different things are here every day.
Like today it says
- What bottles are in your shower
- In the year 3000….
- One tradition worth passing on
Actions – You can wave at someone – send them cake – kiss them – hiss at them – just with a click of a button.
Peach Magic Words
Magic words give you fun and funky things to post – just start typing the word and click the eht bubble that appears
List of Magic Words on Peach
- Draw – Click draw and your photo is turned into an art board and you can draw or write messages to send.
- Song – Song shares whatever song you are listening to on Apple Music or Spotify at the time
- Gif – You can search for Gifs using keywords and instantly share them with your friends
- Here – Adds your location
- Shout – You can add colours or images to a background with big font on. Great for Quotes (If you click and hold the background you can add your own image)
- Goodmorning and Goodnight – Say just that
- Rate – Rate something 1-5 Stars
- Battery – Posts the current charge of your battery
- Weather – Adds the Weather to your timeline
- Move – Movement today – like steps or miles
- Events – Events of the day
- Safari – Opens Safari
- Dice – Rolls a dice
- Date – Posts the Date
- Movie TV game and Book – adds these.
When you are typing a message if you click and hold you can also bold – italic or underline the text.
Being as Peach is just a new baby, its seems that updates are coming thick and fast like a Peach Smoothy – so we will update this post as new things arrive.
I must admit I have spend a lot of time playing with this app to today – just to test it out you understand, and I’ve had great fun – I’m not sure its something I would use everyday but already I can see brands having fun with it especially those aimed at teens. Not saying it’s just for teens at the moment but we will see.