Via.Me, the First App to Offer Photo, Video, Audio Filtering and Sharing to Multiple Social Networks, Is Now Available on Android
Via.me is a social media publishing platform created by RadiumOne Labs that has been available on iTunes for Apple iPhone users for over 5 months which has proved very popular by its 1 millions users. And now on September the 4th RadiumOne introduced Via.me for Android on Google play.
Even though I’d heard about Via.me I’d not actually downloaded it yet as I already use the very popular instagram and tumblr, and thought Via.me was just a copy of instagram – I had seen someone call the app instagram on steroids and heard people say not another Social Network. Via.me themselves say that you can use it create your own story board, by creating a personal story or the story of your brand – so there I thought similar to Pinterest. However after hearing that the application was now launched on Android, I realised it was getting very popular and I thought it was time to try it out. And I’m so glad I did because I was very wrong, which is why I usually always try these things out first and don’t listen to others.
Via me is Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Path all rolled into one.
Via.me isn’t just for sharing pictures via your phone – it is SO much more – you can share videos, audio notes and images, which you can filter and type a message or add audio notes too to go with it. Then you can share these to Facebook or twitter. Which users can then like or share or comment using video or audio note or text. I also like that you can chose to publish to your Facebook profile, any one of your pages or all of them. I’ve only posted 5 pictures so far today and I already have around 100 views on each of them and some likes and reshares. I haven’t even started to follow people properly yet.
On the Via.me app the features include
- Feed – To see your friends messages
- Explore – To see anyones
- Camera – Add Picture – Sound or Video – from library or right away.
- Activity – Who followed you,shared or liked your posts
- Caption – Top left, similar to typing a tweet on twitter, it can just be a note or you can add images, sound or Video.
Using Via.Me on the Desktop
The Via.me web platform is fantastic too – which is something that instagram lacks. You log in via your Twitter or Facebook account and all of your information is there from your phone. You can do everything on the web platform that you can on your phone and much more. You can share to more networks . It looks like Pinterest and behaves similar to Tumblr and maybe even Path, however it does everything at once and yet somehow is much simpler to use – Whats more it looks fabulous, I can’t believe I’ve been missing out on this for so long. To link a platform via the phone and the desktop is something that I always look for in an application, and Via.me does it perfectly.
Features as outlined by Via.me include
- · Photo Filters – 17 best-in-class photo filters enable users to customize their favorite photos.
- · Multiple File Types – Upload photos, videos, audio and text
- · Real-Time Alerts – Receive instant notifications whenever someone you follow posts on Via.Me.
- · Easy Cross-Posting – Via.Me makes it easy to share across the most popular social networks like Facebook and Twitter in just two clicks.
- · Intuitive User Interface – The Via.Me app and website have an elegant and intuitive user interface that makes it fun and easy to create, share and discover.