People have been asking me where I get these maps from for my blogs. They are from Statcounter. Statcounter is a free web tracker and hit counter which helps you to analyse and monitor all of the visitors to your website or blog in REAL-TIME.
I love the way it is instantly updated, its clear and easy to use. It also appears to be more accurate than others I have used.
It not just a hitcounter as you may think, it has all of these features.
StatCounter make everything very easy with instructions on how to…, but in case you need help I’m going to take you through setting it up.
How to add Statcounter to your blog/website
Log in to – http://statcounter.com/register.php
1 – Register an account.
2 – Create a new project.
- Type a title for your blog
- Enter the Url (web address)
- Public or private stats – I leave this unchecked
3 – Click configure and install code
- Choose which counter you want.
- Choose the button you want.
- Add view my stats link I also leave unchecked but thats up to you
- Choose your blog/web page editor, they have a very wide range including WordPress, Xanga, Microsoft, dreamweaver, frontpage, Msn Groups, Last FM, Tumblr, AOL, in fact too many to list.
- I leave next two unchecked
Now you have your Statcounter code.
Beneath your code will be detailed instructions on how to install the code, some with pictures, the blogspot/blogger guide has great step by step instructions.
When you have first set it up – I would suggest that you block your own visits from being counted or every time you go into view a post, edit a post, create a post will be counted. And for me that was A LOT of hits !
How to remove yourself from your Statcounter
- Click Wrench (top left)
- Click Create blocking cookie
- Click Stop logging my visits
Hope this helps 😉