Its quite simple to add it to a wordpress blog.
1) Log in to the Twitter account that you want to put onto your blog, mine is @techieminx
2) Go to this link – https://twitter.com/about/resources/followbutton it will bring up this page.
3) Left click the code so its selected (highlighted), then right click it to copy.
4) Log in to your WordPress website.
5) Go to Widgets – (in mine I have to go to appearance and then widgets) – click a Text widget and drag it to the top of your Sidebar Widget Area – to the top or after search I think is best.
Thats it, done – Go to your webpage and it should show like this…
I like it – even though I already have a follow me with a lot of my accounts – this stands out all on its own.
Hope this helps